Hinged or French doors are perfect for adding a touch of class and finesse to your home’s interior or exterior. They are available in many elegant options and are an easy way to update your space without a complete renovation. Not only do they make the outside of your home look beautiful, but they can also add an extra layer of insulation to protect you against harsh weather conditions.
The experts at Wintegra Windows Inc will take the time to understand your requirements and suggest all the viable options to help you decide what’s best for your home. Contact us to learn more about our range of French doors in Vancouver, BC, and the USA.
Features of French Doors
Hinged doors, also known as French doors, usually consist of two operating doors that open from the centre and turn either in or out on side hinges. Other options include one fastened door paired with one movable door or a single-hinged door. Hinged doors can help create a seamless shift to the outdoors while adding a unique style to your home office or formal living area.
French doors consist of massive glass and are designed to allow sunlight to fill your room. They are most commonly used as an entrance and exit to the backyard or patio of a home. Some reasons to choose them over the other door options are:
- They look more elegant.
- They have a traditional touch to them.
- They give a spacious and modern look to your property.
- They offer better ventilation and wider passage space.
Variety of Options
French doors come with a variety of customization options, such as:
- Tilt and turn functions for ventilation.
- Multi-point locking mechanism for security.
- Internal mini-blinds for privacy.
- Low-profile frames with or without visible hinges.
- Range of colours, finishes, and textures.
- Maintenance-free vinyl material.
No matter the size of your door space, standard or made-to-order, we can give you the home or office of your dreams! Please browse through our gallery of completed projects and call our team to discuss your requirements for French doors in Vancouver, BC, and the USA.
Benefits of Hinged / French Doors
Along with enhancing the look and functionality of your home, hinged doors offer the following benefits:
- They provide maximum airflow and improve ventilation.
- They allow more natural light to flood the room.
- They can be customized with high-security locking systems and fully adjustable hinge systems for ample security.
- They increase the ROI and resale value of your home.
- They allow for additional access and spacious entry points, which is useful if you need to bring in larger items and for large gatherings.
- They improve energy efficiency and reduce heating and cooling bills.
You can also add a high-protection glass to your French door design to make it more durable while enjoying all of the above benefits. We also manufacture sliding doors, tilt-side doors, swing doors and folding doors for your property in Vancouver, BC, and the USA. Get in touch with us to know how we can help you.
System 4500 hinged / french doors
Few designs are more classic or have as many different uses as hinged doors. Hinged doors made with a single sash to create a beautiful main entrance or with a dual sash to connect the indoors with the outdoors. These versatile doors can be used for the patio, deck, or balcony entrance.
The System 4500 Hinged Door design offers an attractive solution for both residential and commercial utilization. Matching fixed and operable windows can be paired with this door as top and side lights allowing design flexibility. With the System 4500 hinged door design, single inswing and outswing are possible.
- Multiple locking points and double weather seals for optimal weather resistance.
- Up to 1 3/8 in glazing capability for enhanced energy efficiency and acoustical performance.
- Unique PVC corner blocks unite steel reinforcement for long-term trouble-free performance.
- High-definition finish for ease of maintenance.
Refresh Your Vancouver, BC, or USA Home with French Doors
Pick from a range of colours, designs, finishes, and other customizations to enhance the interior and exterior of your home.