Wintegra Windows is delighted to offer energy efficient energy star windows that qualify for current BC Government window rebates.
Talk to us about your window requirements and the potential for qualifying for CleanBC Better Homes rebates.
Current BC Window rebates on renovations are $50 or $100 per window (depending on the Tier of window. Note as of Oct 1st all window rebates must be for Tier 2, thus $100 per window) for a maximum of $2000*
For income qualified home window rebates you may qualify for upwards of $950 per window to a maximum of $9500 per home *. Income conditions apply for level of rebate click here for CleanBC Better Homes for more information (insert this link on CleanBC Better Homes: https://betterhomesbc.ca/rebates/cleanbc-income-qualified-windows-and-doors/ )
*Rebates and grants are subject to change. Wintegra is not responsible for approvals of Government window grant and rebate programs. Please visit these Government sites for mor information. Fortis BC (attach this link to Fortis BC text: https://www.fortisbc.com/rebates/home/door-window-rebates?l=1b072432-7514-447f-8a6c-7f6697380730), BC Hydro (attach this link to BC Hydro text: https://www.bchydro.com/powersmart/residential/rebates-programs/home-renovation/renovating-windows-and-doors.html ), CleanBC Better Homes ( attach this link to CleanBC Better Homes: https://betterhomesbc.ca/rebates/window-and-door-replacement-rebates/)
Available BC Government Window Rebates
- Tier 1 windows: $50 per window (maximum $1,000)
- Tier 1 window rebates are not available in the City of Vancouver.
- Important change coming October 1, 2022 – Rebates for windows with U-Factor 1.40 – 1.23 (W/m2-K)* (Tier 1) will end September 30, 2022. If you installed Tier 1 windows on or before September 30, 2022, you have six months from the invoice date to apply for rebates.
- Tier 2 windows/doors: $100 per window or door (maximum $2,000)
- Tier 2 window and door rebates are not available in the City of Vancouver.
- Income qualified home window rebates Up to $950 per window (maximum $9,500)
Eligibility for BC Government Window Rebate Requirements
- Window rebates must be installed by a licensed window contractor. Wintegra can provide the windows for your licensed contractor or arrange for installation.
- To qualify You must have an active account with BC Hydro or FortisBC, or a municipal utility.
- Your home must be primarily heated with:
- Natural Gas or piped-propane supplied by FortisBC
- Natural Gas supplied by Pacific Northern Gas
- Electricity supplied by FortisBC, BC Hydro, or a municipal utility
- Oil or propane not supplied by FortisBC
- Homes primarily heated by wood, or wood pellets or other solid fuels are not eligible.
- For electric heated homes a minimum electricity consumption must be met. See the BC Hydro Home Renovation Rebate program eligibility tool
- You must live in the eligible home.
- Home must be a year-round primary residence that is at least 12 months old.
- For Window rebates qualification the windows/doors must be replacing existing windows and/or doors. Windows installed in new rough openings are ineligible. Skylights are ineligible for rebate.
- Windows and doors must have a metric U-Factor, as indicated below.
- Tier 1 windows only: New windows must have a metric U-Factor between 1.23 and 1.40 (W/m2·K)
- Tier 2 windows/doors: New windows/doors must have a metric U-Factor of 1.22 (W/m2·K) or lower.